- Logo Design
Cascade Influencers is a rising micro-influencer marketing agency based out of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The Power Digital team worked with our neighbors up north to establish the company’s identity through a brand new logo. Both teams remained collaborative throughout the entire discovery phase, analyzing what makes Cascade a unique, modern, and forward-thinking agency. We wanted to integrate not only a sleek and thoughtful approach, but also wanted to figure out how to best represent their hometown as well. The challenge for PDM was to figure out a way to create a logo that included these critical elements:
- An homage to Cascade Mountain near their hometown.
- Versatile, while simple—the logomark could be used on its own, or as a cohesive element with a proper logotype.
- Somehow integrate the idea of micro-influencer marketing as being an inter-connected industry that spans a wide reach.
With those critical elements established, Power Digital’s design team sought to create a number of variations for the logo. But before all of that began we wanted to first establish a mindmap, which is basically a brainstorming session where we list out anything and everything on our mind in relation to Cascade Influencers. By listing all of our ideas out, we then have something to go off of and trim the fat whenever necessary to narrow down our best ideas. From there came the sketches where we created rough visual representations of our ideas and narrowing down from there, ultimately leading us to reproduce the best ideas into the computer for mocking up the different logo variations. See what our team was able to put together below.
In the end, both teams settled on the A1 variations and were ecstatic on the final outcome. The new Cascade Influencers logo accomplishes all of the key elements they were aiming to hit:
- An homage to Cascade Mountain near their hometown. (Represented by the subtle mountain range detail at the top of the logomark ‘C’)
- Versatile, while simple—the logomark could be used on its own, or as a cohesive element with a proper logotype. (The ‘C’ logo is a strong logomark that can be used as a standalone design element)
- Somehow integrate the idea of micro-influencer marketing as being an inter-connected industry that spans a wide reach. (The ‘C’ logo incorporate interwoven lines to represent the idea of connectedness)