Four Email Testing Tools
Every business owner in 2021 knows the power of an effective email campaign and understands why email marketing is important. As a result, many of them now look for agencies that offer reliable email marketing services. From advertising to coupon codes—and even digital receipts and shipping information—ecommerce and online organizations rely heavily on proper email marketing.
That’s why it’s paramount to make sure your email communication is reliable.
When glitches, typos, and other mistakes occur on a massive scale, they can significantly hurt your company’s reputation. This is why digital organizations must prioritize email testing. Read on for four of the best email testing tools currently on the market!
What is an Email Testing Tool?
There are many reasons to use email testing software. First and foremost, these digital tools allow companies and organizations to send out mass emails without wasting time typing addresses manually while increasing sender reputation.
Email testing tools are also programmed to follow the anatomy of an email, check for spelling and grammatical errors, as well as prevent emails from being labeled as spam.
The testing tool also lets you easily create a template and send out test emails. For customized layouts, email testing tools allow companies to get an inbox preview and how their message looks before sending it out to their client.
Overall, using an email testing tool can help you boost productivity, avoid mistakes, and ensure you send the right emails every time. Taking these precautions is a crucial step toward increasing your brand’s professionalism and visibility.
The Best Email Testing Tools Available
Now that you understand the importance of email testing tools in your marketing campaign, it’s time to dive into the real question at hand: Which one is the best? While every company will have unique marketing needs, we’ve laid out four of the best email testing tools, how much they cost, and what features they include. Let’s take a look:
One of the most common email testing tools in the digital marketing industry is known as Litmus. Many high-level companies and organizations prefer litmus due to its:
- User-friendly interface
- Productivity and data tracking tools
- Customizable features
- Pre-send quality checks
- Perform email spam test
- Seamless integration with any mail server
Customers can test out Litmus with a three-day free trial. After this period, you’ll have three options for pricing plans:
- Litmus Basic – The most affordable paid plan that Litmus offers is the $99 per month Basic plan. This option is designed for smaller businesses, particularly those with a one-person email team. With the Litmus Basic plan, you’ll get one complete user profile, unlimited read-only users, and up to 1,000 email previews.
- Litmus Plus – The Litmus Plus plan will work best for slightly larger organizations catering to several different clients, with two or three person email teams. For $199 per month, customers who opt for the Litmus Plus package will get five complete user profiles, unlimited read-only users, access to the spam testing tool, and up to 2,000 email previews.
- Litmus Enterprise – The final option Litmus offers for their email testing plans is called Litmus Enterprise. This package is designed for large companies with email teams of four or more employees. Pricing for this plan will vary due to its customizable options, such as the number of full user profiles and email previews.1
Litmus can also adjust these prices for customers who select an annual payment plan. When you pay for your Litmus subscription a year in advance, you’ll receive 20% off the total purchase.
In addition to its original services, Litmus also acquired the popular email testing platform PutsMail. PutsMail is an excellent option for smaller companies because it actually offers a free tool for sending emails. While PutsMail can help you save money, it’s important to note that their manual email address input will be less efficient than a paid Litmus plan.2
#2 Get Response
Get Response is another popular email testing tool, mainly due to its lengthy 30-day free trial. With Get Response, users can utilize several helpful email marketing tools, including:
- Newsletter scheduling
- Email response automation
- Transactional emails, such as receipts and purchase confirmations
- A drag and drop email creator for custom designs
- Layouts, templates, GIFs, and stock images available to use3
- Easy integration with multiple mail server
Once the 30-day free trial is up, Get Response offers four different options based on your company’s needs, although prices will vary depending on the size of your mailing list. Below is a breakdown of each plan:
- Basic – The Basic plan is Get Response’s most affordable option. This plan includes email marketing, autoresponders, unlimited landing pages, and templates, and even feature Facebook and Google advertising tools. Prices will vary depending on the size of your mailing list. For company’s with a small mailing list of 1,000 recipients, pricing for the Basic plan starts at $15 per month. This cost can go up to $450 per month, however, for mailing lists of 100,000.
- Plus – Next, we have Get Response’s most popular option: The Plus plan. With the Plus plan, you’ll get additional marketing tools, including up to five automation builders, webinars, and contact scoring and tagging. Pricing for this plan ranges from $49 to $499 per month.
- Professional – With the Professional plan, customers will have access to advanced email marketing tools. Benefits of this plan include unlimited automation builders, web push notifications, and paid webinar services. The price of this plan ranges from $99 to $580 per month.
- Max – Similar to Litmus, Get Response also offers a customizable plan. With this option, users can add different features based on the size of their company. Common add-ons include transactional emails, customer support services, and team and role management. The pricing for this plan will vary depending on what’s included.
If you’re interested in saving money on your subscription, Get Response offers deals when you pay in bulk. Users who select annual pricing will receive an 18% discount, while those who pay every two years will get 30% off their total.4
MailTrap is another popular email testing service with a unique feature—a fake testing server.
That’s right, all of MailTrap’s testing services are performed on a fake internet server. This means you run zero risks of sending out a mass email by mistake when using this tool. Instead, you’ll have peace of mind that MailTrap is performing all the necessary tests in a low-risk manner. Other features that make MailTrap an excellent email testing tool include:
- Preview testing
- HTML checking
- Spam and blacklist analysis
MailTrap has six different plans available, including an entirely free option. Check out the details of each plan below to determine which one best fits your needs:
- Free – MailTrap’s free plan is designed for small projects or users who wish to test out the service before opting for a paid plan. This plan comes with a limited number of emails you’ll be able to preview.
- Individual – The individual plan costs $9.99 per month, and works best for freelancers and one-person email teams.
- Team – Slightly larger marketing teams should opt for the Team plan, which costs $24.99 per month. This plan comes with higher testing limits, extra inboxes, and a dedicated MailTrap email address.
- Business – MailTrap recommends this plan for medium-sized companies with multiple tech teams. The Business plan costs $49.99 per month, and works best for mass email campaigns and large-scale collaborative projects.
- Premium – For $99.99, larger companies and organizations will benefit from MailTrap’s premium plan. This package allows email testing at a higher volume, and works best for mass email campaigns and large-scale collaborative projects.
- Enterprise – MailTrap’s most expensive pricing plan is known as the Enterprise package. For $299.99, customers will have access to multi-stage emailing testing and unlimited email volume.5
#4 Email on Acid
The final item on this list is a paid tool called Email on Acid. Many organizations use Email on Acid due to its capacity for high-volume testing. Some of the biggest perks that come with using Email on Acid include:
- Preview testing on up to 70 different devices
- Collaborative features
- Content checklist
- Data analysis tools
Email on Acid offers four different pricing plans that are billed on either a monthly or annual basis. Take a look at the pricing and features that come along with each option:
- The Basics – With Email on Acid’s Basics plan, users get unlimited email previews, an email editor tool, and partial content checking services. This plan is ideal for one-person email teams and costs $73 per month (or $876 per year).
- Premium – Email on Acid’s most popular option is their Premium Plan. For $112 per month (or $1,344 per year), customers get full content checking, commenting on previews, and email analytics. This plan works best for email teams of up to three people.
- Professional – The Professional Plan is a great option for larger companies and collaborative projects. Features unique to this plan include custom user permissions, data analytics on up to 1.5 million emails per month, and a dedicated customer support representative. This plan works best for email teams of up to 10 people and costs $424 per month (or $5,088 per year).
- Enterprise – Finally, Email on Acid customers can opt for the customizable Enterprise plan. The pricing and features for this package will vary depending on your needs.6
Email Testing Tools: The Best Way to Send a Message
If you want to ensure your email marketing campaign is clear, effective, and free from errors—email, testing tools are definitely a must-have.
The right email testing tool will depend on a few variables, including the size of your mailing list, the scope of your company, and how many team members you have. Whichever software you go with, there’s no denying that an email testing tool is one of the best ways to build a professional, respected brand.
If you need help with your email testing (or your email marketing campaigns) the team here at Power Digital is ready to assist.
- Litmus. Compare Litmus Plans. https://www.litmus.com/pricing/
- Digital Doughnut. Collection of the Best Email Testing Tools Online. https://www.digitaldoughnut.com/articles/2016/october/collection-of-the-best-email-testing-tools-online
- Get Response. Email Marketing. https://www.getresponse.com/features/email-marketing
- Get Response. Get Response Pricing. https://secure.getresponse.com/pricing/en?_ga=2.242199809.226871613.1619557040-1159333492.1619557040
- MailTrap. Pricing. https://mailtrap.io/pricing/
- Email on Acid. Pricing. https://www.emailonacid.com/pricing/