How to Find Your Perfect Match
February got us thinking, finding a perfect job can be a lot like finding your perfect match. Though they both can be equally as challenging, we’ve taken the time to put together 21 tips to help with whichever your heart is seeking!
- Don’t Worry About the Butterflies: Be yourself and if it doesn’t work out it’s their loss!
- Watch Out for a Rocky Past: Don’t get so caught up in the excitement of things that you forget to look out for the red flags! They will reveal themselves at different points throughout the process; it’s your choice whether you listen or remain blinded.
- Make Sure You’re Compatible: This one should be obvious, but you’d be surprised how many choose to overlook it. Your personalities should compliment each other, and you shouldn’t have to worry about feeling awkward or out of place.
- Never Settle: You know what you want, and there’s no denying when it’s just not there. Don’t settle for the sake of not having something and don’t settle for less than you deserve. Use this time to focus on yourself or to find the right fit!
- Get Set up by a Friend: If you’re hitting a lull, don’t be scared to reach out to friends for help! You may be surprised what they’ll provide you with and the network they have.
- Cyberstalk Before You Meet: Time is precious – Do your research and make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into.
- Find the Heart Through the Stomach: People that love food are the best kind of people. Good food is proven to keep males, females, and interview candidates coming back.
- Play it Cool: Inside you may be jumping up and down and thinking about nothing else, but, now is the time to practice your best poker face. Sit back, relax, and have fun learning more. DON’T overwhelm them with your obsession.
- Get the Friend’s Approval: Sometimes we all need a little extra help when it comes to proofreading. There’s no shame in asking for the opinion of someone you trust.
- Voice Your Interest: Sure, you don’t want to be completely transparent. But, you do want to let them know you’re interested enough that they keep coming back.
- Make Sure It’s Something That Can Last: Ask yourself what you’re looking for and see if they have the potential to offer it. If not, it’s just prolonging finding the right fit for you.
- Talk About Your Future Plans: If there’s not a potential for a future or growth, why are you even considering? Make sure you’re on the same page and have the same long-term goals.
- Don’t be Scared to Talk FINANCE: If you’re in a serious adult relationship, you should be able to talk comfortably about finance and have the same thoughts when it comes to spending habits and budgeting. In an interview, you also should feel comfortable bringing up the F word, know how much you need to support your lifestyle, and come prepared with a salary range in mind.
- But… Make Sure They Aren’t Just in it for the Money: No one wants to feel used, and no one likes a gold digger. Instead of arriving with dollar signs in your eyes, put happiness as your main priority.
- Rumors Can Be True: Listen to what people are saying and if it is negative, proceed WITH CAUTION! Chances are, the rumors probably didn’t appear out of thin air.
- Don’t Be Presumptuous: Don’t get too ahead of yourself and don’t blindly assume you’re the one that’s getting the rose (or job offer). Let them take the rein.
- Remember: Quality over Quantity: Though you might have more than one option, selecting the one you are most excited about will make your life much more fulfilled than leading on the lesser options.
- Make Sure They’re Genuine: Anyone can be on their best behavior or put on an act. Differentiating the good ones may take practice, but it’s an incredibly valuable skill to learn.
- Follow Your Heart: This simple idea is probably our most important tip! Don’t underestimate its importance!
- Keep Hiding Your Crazy: Just because you got the job or the relationship doesn’t mean you can let your freak flag fly! (Well, at least not completely.) Keep your ego in check and continue to show them why they picked your cool self to begin with!
- Make it Facebook Official: It’s your time to shine! Make it FBO and show off that job or person you’re so happy is yours!
Digital Marketing Strategy
Book a 15-min call to discuss.