Digital Recharge | Oct 2016 The Latest on Facebook
Facebook is taking on global domination - find out why we think so in our latest episode of #DigitalRecharge! Watch the latest episode and recap here.
When someone says social media network, you instantly think of Facebook. Since the lanch of Facebook, they have created a ton of new features, it’s hard to keep uup. Facebook isn’t just about the news feed, your user profile, and connecting with old high-school friends, it’s grown into an advertising channel and so much more.
It’ our job to keep up all the social media network updates, especially Facebook updates. I’m sure you’re aware of the live video feature update by now and the messenger app is now a secondary form of texting. Here are some newer updates that you might not be familiar with.
We’re back with another Digital Recharge video update! In October, Facebook launched several new ventures such as Facebook Marketplace, a craigslist alternative – and Workspace, a project management system designed for businesses. Our Director of Social Media Mike Opera has been keeping a close eye on the rollout of these social network platforms and shares what hes knows and his thoughts in this month’s episode of Digital Recharge!
What Facebook’s Been Up to in October:
- Facebook Marketplace – a competitor to craigslist that allows you to list a product you’d like to sell right on your profile. Exchanges on Facebook adds much more credibility than Craigslist where you don’t know who you’re talking to. We also forsee this as an advertising play for Facebook to track search intent and then serve you ads based on your query.
- Facebook Workspace is designed to be a project management system – similar to Asana – that works directly out of Facebook with intent to make collaboration easier. Facebook wants users to stay in the platform – this is just one more way they can keep ussers tuned into their ad network.
- Facebook Instant Articles – Launched for publishers who are consistently pushing traffic to their content. This is an app that loads intstantly with Facebook’s platform. The biggest benefit is the way the content is displayed – it provides a better experience for the user to digest the content and loads instantly, much faster and easier than clicking out to other sites.
- Facebook Lead Gen Ads allow people to directly sign up for something – they even go so far as to auto populate your personal data, making it virtually effortless for you to convert. It’s also now possible to connect to CRMs through third party platforms. We’ve seen a lot of success using this for lead magnet distribution, as it allows you to easily structure funnels right in the platform.
- Facebook Canvas is an instant landing page builder right in the platform. What’s awesome is you can retarget people who click into the article and click out. This is tremendous for measurement – and CPCs are cheaper because you can get you message accross with people who don’t click out.
If you ask us, it’s pretty apparent that Facebook is going for global domination. They are doing all they can to keep us in their platform and off others – and they’re no longer just targeting other social channels. The Craigslists, Asanas, WordPresses and CRMs of the world are all being chased, and to tell you the truth, we’re really not that mad about it (yet). Stay tuned, it will be interesting to see how these initiatives evolve in the months to come!
If you missed our last Digital Recharge update on Google’s Penguin 4.0 update, you can watch the video on our YouTube channel here!
Thanks For Plugging In!
That’s it for this month! Thanks for tuning in to get all the latest on Facebook’s newest ventures. We’ll be back in November with another update so stay tuned!
Digital Marketing Strategy
Book a 15-min call to discuss.