- Position Title: Social Media Intern
- Internship Term: Spring 2019
- Compensation: College credit [MUST be enrolled in college course]
- Desired Fields of Study: Social Media, Journalism, PR, Advertising
- Hours Desired: 10-15/week
Power Digital’s social media interns are given a unique opportunity to get their hands dirty with actual client work. While their focus will lie primarily within social media initiatives, they will be exposed to all aspects of digital marketing, gaining a working knowledge of how each of the departments work individually and together in order to execute the bigger picture strategy.
PDM’s social interns will work directly under the Social Media Manager to assist in day-to-day social channel management as well as content development, influencer relationship building, blogging, and strategic initiatives for clients. As a member of the Power Digital team, they are encouraged to share ideas and collaborate during brainstorms and strategy sessions.
Some of Your Duties & Focal Areas
- Learn to navigate social channels as a marketing professional including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, G+, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Use social monitoring tools such as Hootsuite, SproutSocial, etc. to monitor engagement, evaluate performance and find opportunities for connecting with users in our target demographic
- Understand social personas and relationship-building through social content
- Identify and engage social influencers
- Post, comment and share on behalf of clients
- Understand the content creation process and execute monthly content calendars
- Conduct daily hashtag research
- Upload and schedule monthly social content
- Write blog posts
- Create quizzes and sweepstakes using third party applications
- Optimize social pages for proper indexing
- Optimize social pages for user experience
- Create social ads on Facebook and Twitter
- Stay up to date with industry trends, reports and changes
- Create graphics for social content
- Conduct competitor analyses across different channels
- Understand the social client onboarding and setup process
Management Structure and Reporting
Report directly to our Social Media Manager, Marissa Heckman. You will work hand in hand with the rest of the team as well to grow your skills and be an involved member of the social department. Apply directly to email@example.com!