- Position Title: SEO Intern
- Internship Term: Summer 2019
- Compensation: College credit [MUST be enrolled in college course]
- Desired Fields of Study: Business, Advertising, Marketing
- Hours Desired: 10-15/week
About the Company
Power Digital Marketing is one of the leading Digital Marketing Agencies in San Diego. We are headquartered in vibrant and fun Old Town, just off the 5 Freeway and a few minutes from Downtown! Our agency specializes in eCommerce and lead generation as a full service digital marketing agency.
Our SEO internship will train you to be well versed in SEO and get experience with other digital channels to allow you to build a well-rounded digital marketing skillset.
Some of Your Duties & Focal Areas
- Be prepared to learn and understand search engine optimization techniques and processes
- Work on various on-site and off-site enhancements to client websites
- Learn to perform analysis on websites from SEO perspective including identification of site issues, indexation issues, content or meta data issues, linking, social indicators, Google penalties, keyword opportunities, etc.
- Learn to perform competitive analysis
- Content development optimized for SEO and add keywords to existing content
- Learn and use Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools and other industry leading SEO tools
- Stay abreast of industry changes and new algorithms
- Organize and update meta data
Applicants should possess the following characteristics:
- Strong interest in search marketing, advertising, and marketing as a whole
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills: thorough understanding of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, Asana and multiple web browsers
- Time management skills: ability to prioritize tasks for efficient execution
- Strong work ethic: must be self-motivated and able to take initiative
- Basic understanding of HTML is a plus but not required
- Ability to function in a team environment
Management Structure and Reporting
Report directly to SEO Senior Strategist Kendall Brennan. You will work hand in hand with the rest of the team as well to grow your skills and be an involved member of the SEO department. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.