Assistant Controller, General Accounting
We are looking for an experienced, Assistant Controller to join our company. As a growth-stage company, we are looking for someone that is both able to lead the company’s accounting efforts to contribute individually and grow along with us. Assistant Controller will be responsible for the full cycle accounting function. A successful candidate will have the ability to work autonomously and be deadline-driven.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day activities of the accounting department, including transaction processing, account close process.
- Issue invoices for services on a timely basis. Communicate with clients about any billing discrepancies if any, ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Record all vendor invoices and ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Record daily bank activity, cash reporting, Preparing 13-week cash forecast, etc.(cash management/Treasury)
- Maintain & perform journal entries to ensure the accuracy of ledger balances,
- Ensure revenue recognition is in accordance with GAAP (compliance with ASC 606)
- Perform month-end closing processes including but not limited to preparing and posting journal entries and performing account analysis.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements/lender reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Compile financial work-papers for audit /tax return preparation and work with external CPA firm to ensure timely/ accurate tax filings.
- Perform other special projects, historical research, and financial analysis and any additional duties as assigned.
- Think outside the box on how we can improve our processes to enable growth.
- Proactively resolve issues and maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Create analyses, commentary, and presentation materials for Board meetings & interact with investors.
- Work closely with the Executive leadership team on daily operations and major business transactions.
- Reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent field required
- CPA is required. Strong understanding of US GAAP required
- 5-6 years of general accounting experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system preferred
- Experience in digital marketing or media industry preferred
- Self-directed and hands-on, able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks required
- Excellent communication and writing skills required
- Ability to work professionally with all levels of management
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, swiftly-changing environment
Power Digital Marketing, founded in 2012, is a San Diego, CA revenue enhancement and tech-enabled digital marketing platform that provides mission-critical and data-driven sales, marketing, and customer success services to help customers grow. Often acting as an outsourced “Chief Marketing Officer” for its clients, the Company leverages a comprehensive suite of cross-channel tools, including content marketing, paid media, web development and conversion, social, conversion rate optimization, SEM and SEO, to enhance revenue performance of well-known local, national and global brands. Powered by a unique internal lead generation, qualification and conversion model, supported by the Company’s proprietary Black Box Audit process, PDM is able to source, prospect and convert leads through multiple channels, including strategic partnerships, outside sales, inbound lead generation, and customer referrals.
Location: San Diego, CA.