Web & UI Designer
About the Role
Being a web/UI designer at Power Digital means that at your core, you’re a creative problem solver. You’re inquisitive — you’re not afraid to ask questions and collaborate with fellow strategists, but you’re also unafraid of figuring things out on your own. You’re hyper-collaborative and open to others’ perspectives. You have a passion for designing solutions and experiences that cater to the end-goal of a project, but you’re not afraid to think outside the box in doing so.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in the design, development, and QA of conversion-oriented websites and web-based applications.
- Partake in internal and external meetings to discuss project requirements, design decisions, milestones, and deliverables.
- Presenting strategies, mockups, and prototypes to project stakeholders.
- Collaborate with various people internally and externally on projects and processes, including but not limited to fellow designers, developers and engineers, digital marketing strategists, and project stakeholders.
- Assisting in the ideation and production of mockups and prototypes during the wireframing and design phases respectively.
- Illustrate complex design ideas using storyboards, user flows and sitemaps; design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Inform design decisions that are backed by data, strategy, and human behavior.
- Sourcing creative assets for websites, including but not limited to images, graphics, and videos.
- Some graphic design involved, including but not limited to the creation of icons, infographics, and custom imagery.
- Continuously learning and growing as a designer, strategist, business-person, and problem solver.
- Working in-person at our office in San Diego, CA.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum of 2+ years of web and/or UX/UI design experience at the professional level.
- Organization and keen attention to detail.
- The ability to effectively present to project stakeholders with confidence and strategic-thinking.
- Ability to think critically, creatively, and problem solve.
- An unselfish and collaborative approach to designing user-focused websites; you’re open to other perspectives and work well in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Adobe CC and Adobe XD (primarily). Alternative screen design applications such as Figma and Sketch are accepted as well.
- Knowledge and experience in using WordPress and/or Shopify is a plus, but not required.
- Digital marketing understanding is a plus.
- Agency experience is a plus.
- Google Analytics understanding and other data-driven tools is a plus.
- A genuine passion for creativity and design.
Who we are:
Power Digital Marketing is a digital marketing agency specializing in lead generation that is analytics-driven and ROI-focused. Our team is made up of digital strategists, data architects, analysts, writers, designers and engineers all passionate about driving results for our awesome clients.
We are passionate about digital marketing and web solutions and are looking for some great technical talent to join us! We would love to talk to you if you think you could help our team.