UI/UX Software Engineer
About the Role
We are looking for a talented UI/UX Software Engineer with an eye for design and a passion for user experience.
Power Digital, one of San Diego’s top Digital Marketing Agencies is growing our innovative technology team! We are located in Old Town, San Diego and are looking for an experienced software engineer who is an expert in UI/UX development.
In 2020 Power Digital launched nova, our proprietary platform for digital marketing auditing, forecasting, planning, and reporting. The nova platform integrates data from hundreds of clients and dozens of data sources. Using this data, it can analyze and make predictions for over 50 marketing strategies in 13 marketing channels to provide insights and tools for our customers.
This role will work closely with our product managers and front-end engineering staff. The primary responsibilities for this UI/UX Software Engineer will be to develop front-end functionality in support of high quality feature design. For complex features and features with high client visibility, this person will work closely with the product team to transform feature requirements into prototypes and fully developed features. They will develop new features in front-end web applications, support design decisions, and help define best practices for user interface implementations.
As a part of our technology team, this role will contribute to our nova software by performing requirements engineering, conducting code reviews, and deploying new releases. This includes participating in agile development processes like sprint planning, standups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint boards, backlogs, and ticket management. This engineer will work with team members to continue to grow the department capabilities and support our clients.
- Develop new front-end web application features
- Support and maintain existing web application features
- Help inform design process
- Iterate on feature designs based on internal and user feedback
- Organize complex forms and data into understandable interfaces
- Understand and document user flows
- Participate in requirements engineering and timeline estimation
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and testing
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle
- Support other engineering team members
- Perform code reviews
- Troubleshoot and resolve application errors
- Engineer with an eye for design
- 2+ years web application UX/UI design
- 2+ years web application front-end development
- Experience with wireframing and prototyping
- Can communicate clearly and concisely with product & engineering teams
- Preferred Technologies
We are passionate about digital marketing and web solutions and are looking for some great technical talent to join our team! We would love to talk to you if you think you could help our team.
For direct submission, email VP Product & Engineering, Chris Fitkin at email@example.com.