About the Role
We are looking for an experienced, Staff Accountant to join our company. As a growth-stage company we are looking for someone that will support accounting and finance department by performing day to day accounting tasks, account analysis, and month end closing activities. A Successful candidate will have the ability to work autonomously and be deadline driven.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of the day –to-day activities of the accounting department, including transaction processing, account close process.
- Issue invoices for services on timely basis. Communicate with clients about any billing discrepancies if any, ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Record all vendor invoices and ensure that accounts payable are paid in timely manner.
- Record daily bank activity, cash reporting,
- Maintain & perform journal entries to ensure the accuracy of ledger balances,
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist in accrual process for both recurring and nonrecurring expenses.
- Maintain Fixed Assets sub-ledger, including monthly FA additions, retirements, running and booking monthly depreciation, and reconciliation to the GL.
- Provide backup and support for Assistant Controller as needed.
- Perform Financial Statement Fluctuation analyses and other ad hoc reviews, as needed.
- Maintain adequate internal controls within the accounting processes to ensure well documented, accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Perform other special projects, historical research, and financial analysis and any additional duties as assigned.
- Think outside the box on how we can improve our processes to enable growth.
- Proactively resolve issues and maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent field required.
- Highly detail and deadline-oriented with the ability to prioritize, focus and thrive in a high paced multi-tasking environment.
- 1-2 years of general accounting experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system preferred.
- Experience in digital marketing or media industry preferred.
- Self-directed and hands-on, able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and writing skills required.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Assistant Controller
Location: San Diego, CA.
Power Digital Marketing, founded in 2012, is a San Diego, CA revenue enhancement and tech-enabled digital marketing platform that provides mission-critical and data-driven sales, marketing, and customer success services to help customers grow. Often acting as an outsourced “Chief Marketing Officer” for its clients, the Company leverages a comprehensive suite of cross-channel tools, including content marketing, paid media, web development and conversion, social, conversion rate optimization, SEM and SEO, to enhance revenue performance of well-known local, national and global brands. Powered by a unique internal lead generation, qualification and conversion model, supported by the Company’s proprietary Black Box Audit process, PDM is able to source, prospect and convert leads through multiple channels, including strategic partnerships, outside sales, inbound lead generation and customer referrals.