Social Media Intern
About the Role
- Position Title: Social Media Intern
- Internship Term: Summer 2020
- Compensation: College credit [MUST be enrolled in college course]
- Desired Fields of Study: Social Media, Journalism, PR, Advertising
- Hours Desired: 10-15/week
- Apply directly to email@example.com!
Power Digital’s social media interns are given a unique opportunity to get their hands dirty with actual client work. While their focus will lie primarily within social media initiatives, they will be exposed to all aspects of digital marketing, gaining a working knowledge of how each of the departments work individually and together in order to execute the bigger picture strategy.
PDM’s social interns will work directly under the Social Media Manager to assist in day-to-day social channel management as well as content development, influencer relationship building, blogging, and strategic initiatives for clients. As a member of the Power Digital team, they are encouraged to share ideas and collaborate during brainstorms and strategy sessions.
Social Media Experience
- Social media experience working across multiple social channels (Including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Youtube, Google My Business)
- Working toward or recently received a Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong follow through in time management, attention to detail, and reliability
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Strong desire to learn and contribute to an evolving department in San Diego’s second fastest growing company
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop or Adobe XD) and/or video editing experience (Premiere, Final Cut Pro, After Effects) is a plus, but not mandatory
Duties & Focal Areas:
- Learn to navigate social channels as a marketing professional including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Post, comment, and share on behalf of clients daily
- Learn to understand social personas and return-on-relationship building through social content
- Learn to create cohesive branding and sales messaging
- Understand the content creation process and execute monthly content calendars
- Upload and schedule monthly social content through tools such as Sked
- Write blog posts
- Optimize social pages for proper user experience and indexing
- Stay up to date with industry trends, reports, and changes
- Learn to create effective boosted post strategies and audience targeting
- Conduct competitor analysis across different channels
- Develop skills and create social content
- Understand the social client onboarding and setup process
- Understand weekly and monthly client reporting through third party tools and Google Analytics
Management Structure and Reporting
Report directly to our Social Media Manager, Marissa Heckman. You will work hand in hand with the rest of the team as well to grow your skills and be an involved member of the social department. Apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org!