SEO Account Manager
About the Role
The SEO Account Manager is responsible for overseeing the SEO and/or cross-channel strategy of their accounts. They are responsible for the performance, strategy, growth, and alignment of the account team on each individual account he/she manages. The Account Manager ensures that client expectations for their business and their relationship with Power Digital Marketing are set appropriately and achieved. Your role is to build and maintain a strong client relationship, meet the goals and timelines of the original strategy, as well as identify new strategic opportunities. An Account Manager is responsible for communicating with the client regarding marketing performance, time lines and due dates of workflow, and on overall sentiment of how the partnership & campaign is progressing. The Account Manager needs to report on the progress of the strategy to help the client better understand the impact Power Digital is having on their business as it relates to the client’s KPIs. He/She is responsible for ensuring the client receives all deliverables and helps refine and review workflow from account team members. He/She leads the account team, is a problem solver and an advocate of Power Digital to the client, and an advocate of the client to the internal team. The SEO Account Manager reports to the Director of SEO, Accounts.
Most Important Things
- Manage and lead account teams
- Client retention rate as measured against the company’s historical average of 95%
- Account growth – Expanding client’s strategy by identifying new opportunities (SSOs) by way of upsells and resigns
- Positive client satisfaction & sentiment as measured through the Account Measurement Dashboard and NPS surveys
- Manage internal account team as well as oversee all strategic initiatives for the account.
- Lead internal collaboration across the account team.
- Clearly communicate all initiatives, strategies, and opportunities to clients as needed and on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Organize and facilitate client meetings (weekly/bi-weekly calls and monthly reporting calls).
- Ensure account workflow is professional and of high quality (review work).
- Ensure the campaign strategy is aligned with the client KPIs and business goals.
- Work with internal teams and Executive Sponsor to identify and vet new opportunities for account expansion.
- Serve as the main point of contact between client and Power Digital to build a strong partnership.
- Organization – AM is responsible for keeping all documents and workflow for the team to easily understand due dates, meeting times, the current state of campaign, and client relationship.
- Analyze metrics both at a micro level and a macro level – determining current state of campaign progress via Google Analytics, SEO specific tools, and/or a CRM (if applicable).
- Other applicable or related duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Client Resign Rate (from development project into marketing)
- Client Success Rate (timeline accuracy and survey results)
- Account Growth + Retention