Senior Software Engineer, Data & APIs
About the Role
Power Digital, one of San Diego’s top Digital Marketing Agencies is growing our innovative technology team! We are located in Old Town, San Diego and are looking for an experienced software engineer who is an expert in API development.
In 2020 Power Digital launched nova, our proprietary platform for digital marketing auditing, forecasting, planning, and reporting. The nova platform integrates data from hundreds of clients and dozens of data sources. Using this data, it can analyze and make predictions for over 50 marketing strategies in 13 marketing channels to provide insights and tools for our customers.
The primary responsibility for this Senior Software Engineer will be to develop and maintain new API endpoints and data pipelines as well as support existing functionality. The APIs will primarily be serving the nova web application.
As a part of our technology team, this role will contribute to our nova software by performing requirements engineering, conducting code reviews, and deploying new releases. This includes participating in agile development processes like sprint planning, standups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint boards, backlogs, and ticket management. This engineer will work with team members to continue to grow the department capabilities and support our clients.
- Develop and maintain new API endpoints and features
- Support and maintain existing APIs
- Troubleshoot authentication and data pipeline errors
- Develop new data ETL pipelines for existing features
- Optimize code for scale and performance
- Participate in requirements engineering and timeline estimation
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and testing
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle
- Support other engineering team members
- Perform code reviews
- Troubleshoot and resolve errors
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering) OR equivalent experience
- 2+ years building and maintaining large scale APIs to support web applications
- 2+ years MySQL or PostgreSQL experience
- 4+ years object-oriented programming experience with more than one major language, preferably Python or PHP
- Experience with GraphQL preferred
- Experience with Laravel or similar MVC frameworks
- Experience with Redshift or other data warehouse preferred
- Strong understanding of architecting, maintaining and developing cloud technologies (especially AWS)
We are passionate about digital marketing and web solutions and are looking for some great technical talent to join our team! We would love to talk to you if you think you could help our team.
For direct submission, email VP Product & Engineering, Chris Fitkin at firstname.lastname@example.org.