Senior Software Engineer, API & Cloud Architecture
About the Role
Power Digital, one of San Diego’s top Digital Marketing Agencies is growing our innovative technology team! We are located in Old Town, San Diego and are looking for an experienced software engineer who is an expert in data aggregation and organization, API development, and ETL pipelines.
In 2020 Power Digital launched nova, our proprietary platform for digital marketing auditing, forecasting, planning, and reporting. The nova platform integrates data from hundreds of clients and dozens of data sources. Using this data, it can analyze and make predictions for over 50 marketing strategies in 13 marketing channels to provide insights and tools for our customers.
A key responsibility for this Senior Software Engineer will be to plan, deploy, and maintain cloud-based solutions as part of the nova platform APIs and data strategies. These solutions may include container services, message queues, serverless functions, API handlers, load balancers, compute instances, network security configuration, databases for relational and analytics data, data pipelines, and other cloud based services. You will be responsible for managing reliability, scalability, security, and cost of these cloud systems.
As a part of our technology team, this role will contribute to our nova software by developing and maintaining new and existing APIs, conducting code reviews, and deploying new releases. This includes participating in agile development processes like sprint planning, standups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint boards, backlogs, and ticket management. This engineer will work with team members to continue to grow the department capabilities and support our clients.
- Lead architecture and development of cloud based API and data solutions
- Develop and maintain new APIs & endpoints
- Support and maintain existing APIs & endpoints
- Manage deployment, testing, and reliability of new API features
- Document and communicate API features to team members
- Communicate coding standards and architectural plans
- Optimize code and solutions for scale and performance
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and testing
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle
- Support other engineering team members
- Perform code reviews
- Troubleshoot and resolve errors
- Bachelor’s degree or higher Computer Science OR equivalent experience
- 2+ years building and maintaining cloud-based API solutions
- 4+ years object-oriented programming experience with more than one major language like PHP, Python, Java, C#, Go, or Node
- Strong understanding of architecting, maintaining and developing for cloud technologies (especially AWS)
- Experience with docker and containerization solutions like Kubernetes or ECS
- Experience with data warehousing and ETL data pipelines
- Knowledge of Microservices and respective architecture design principles
- Experience with AWS Cloudformation, Terraform, or similar
- Experience with Laravel or similar MVC frameworks
We are passionate about digital marketing and web solutions and are looking for some great technical talent to join our team! We would love to talk to you if you think you could help our team.
For direct submission, email VP Product & Engineering, Chris Fitkin at firstname.lastname@example.org.