Senior Financial Analyst
About the Role
Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: San Diego, CA
Reporting to: CFO
Power Digital Marketing is looking for an experienced Financial Analyst to join our growing accounting team. As the Sr. Financial Analyst, you will be accountable for the development of the annual operating budget and the associated tracking of performance. You will also develop and own both revenue and expense forecast models for the company’s various business lines. This position will also work intimately with the executive leadership team in developing financial models for key strategic projects. You are also expected to work closely with Sales, Operations, R&D, and HR to drive system and process improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and develop annual budgets and targets along with follow-on forecasts
- Prepare and review financial variances between Actual/Budget/Forecast
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Provide information to management by compiling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations
- Prepare monthly deferred revenue and cost schedules with assistance of the CFO and Controller
- Develop and refine key business metrics and drives robust analysis to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities, while evaluating possible alternatives and recommending appropriate actions
- Provide user support and maintenance during annual budget cycle and quarterly forecast cycles
- Conduct presentation to management as needed
- Administration and calculation of commissions working with Operations and Accounting
- Prepare monthly review of commission performance vs budget/forecast for alignment
- Modeling commission plans and making recommendations
- Meet with sales management to coordinate compensation plans.
- Develop complex financial models and present analytics to support Sales, Operations, and R&D teams
- Assist in developing complex models that support the financial modeling related to potential Mergers & Acquisitions activity.
- Build analytical models that utilize both financial and non-financial data to forecast operating results, scenario modeling.
- Develop, interpret, and implement financial concepts for financial planning
- Prepare various industry and market analyses and benchmarking, as required
- Access Oracle NetSuite general ledger system and financial reporting systems to pull actual financials for use in trending and forecasting analyses.
- Provide first line trouble-shooting support (Super User) for Financial System (Oracle NetSuite), differentiating functional issues from technical issues, and working with IT to resolve issues
- Prepare monthly journal entry accruals, budget vs. actual variance analyses, and risk/opportunity tracking.
- Develop, communicate, and manage requirements for reporting and finance system enhancements and serves as point person to facilitate business support throughout technical developments.
- Experience in financial modeling, business analysis, FP&A, business integration, analytics in
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically MS Word and MS Excel (INDEX,VLOOKUP, PIVOT TABLES, NPV, IRR, DATA TABLE, WHAT-IF ANALYSIS)
- Advanced experience working with a corporate budgeting process
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills (verbal, written and listening).
- Ability to switch from routine to complex tasks when required.
- Experience using Oracle NetSuite, Microsoft-Great Plains, Oracle- Hyperion, Cognos Financial Performance Management Software, in a corporate environment.
- Experience creating financial models, including use of database manipulation (e.g. Oracle & Excel).
- Minimum of 3 years of financial analyst experience in software-as-a-service, software, and/or other related technology industries preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting. CFA, MBA preferred
Power Digital Marketing, founded in 2012, is a San Diego, CA revenue enhancement and tech-enabled digital marketing platform that provides mission-critical and data-driven sales, marketing, and customer success services to help customers grow. Often acting as an outsourced “Chief Marketing Officer” for its clients, the Company leverages a comprehensive suite of cross-channel tools, including content marketing, paid media, web development and conversion, social, conversion rate optimization, SEM and SEO, to enhance revenue performance of well-known local, national and global brands. Powered by a unique internal lead generation, qualification and conversion model, supported by the Company’s proprietary Black Box Audit process, PDM is able to source, prospect and convert leads through multiple channels, including strategic partnerships, outside sales, inbound lead generation and customer referrals.