About the Role
Position Description: Senior Accountant
We are looking for an experienced, Senior Accountant to join our company. As a growth-stage company we are looking for someone that will support the finance department by performing day to day accounting tasks, account analysis, and month end closing activities. A successful candidate will have the ability to work autonomously and be deadline driven.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of the Order to Cash process:
- Review proposals and contracts for any revenue recognition or billing implications and for adherence to internal accounting policies and GAAP revenue treatment.
- Issue invoices for services on a timely basis. Communicate with clients about any billing discrepancies, ensuring receivables are collected promptly.
- Record journal entries to ensure the accuracy of ledger balances.
- Perform month end revenue reconciliations and analyses and prepare various balance sheet account reconciliations, including for deferred revenue.
- Record daily bank and credit activity and provide cash and A/R reporting.
- Directly interface with auditors around testing of revenue, deferred revenue, A/R and contracts.
- Support M&A efforts by assessing and improving upon integrated companies’ order to cash and GL accounting processes.
- Month end close: responsible for all revenue- and AR-specific portions of the close process while assisting other team members as needed.
- Perform financial statement analysis, other special projects, historical research, and other special projects.
- Maintain adequate internal controls to ensure well documented, accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Think outside the box on how we can improve our processes to enable growth: proactively identify, suggest, and execute process improvements.
- Take responsibility to resolve issues and maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Provide backup and support for Controller and CFO as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent field required.
- Highly detail- and deadline-oriented with the ability to prioritize in a fast-growing entrepreneurial organization.
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system preferred.
- Experience in digital marketing or media industry preferred.
- Self-directed and hands-on, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and writing skills required.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Controller
Location: San Diego, CA.
Power Digital Marketing, founded in 2012, is a San Diego, CA revenue enhancement and tech-enabled digital marketing platform that provides mission-critical and data-driven sales, marketing, and customer success services to help customers grow. Often acting as an outsourced “Chief Marketing Officer” for its clients, the Company leverages a comprehensive suite of cross-channel tools, including content marketing, paid media, web development and conversion, social, conversion rate optimization, SEM and SEO, to enhance revenue performance of well-known local, national and global brands. Powered by a unique internal lead generation, qualification and conversion model, supported by the Company’s proprietary Black Box Audit process, PDM is able to source, prospect and convert leads through multiple channels, including strategic partnerships, outside sales, inbound lead generation and customer referrals.