About the Role
Position Description: Junior Accountant
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to join our company. As a growth-stage company we are looking for someone that will support the finance department by performing day to day accounting tasks, account analysis, and month end closing activities. A successful candidate will have the ability to work autonomously and be deadline driven.
- Post journal entries and ensure all business transactions are recorded timely and accurately.
- Update accounts receivable reports and issue customer invoices and contracts
- Manage inflow of accounts payable inquiries and process vendor bills, and assist in preparation of payment runs.
- Assist in reviewing expenses, payroll records, etc,. as assigned.
- Provide gate-keep support of the team by fielding general inquiries and questions to the applicable person(s) on the team.
- Update and review financial data in the company’s various financial systems to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Complete bank reconciliations and assist with other balance sheet reconciliations
- Corporate purchasing card coding and reconciliations
- Project management of finance support tasks
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist team in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Other applicable duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Good analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. Slack, Quickbooks, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is a plus, but not required. Proven experience with bookkeeping acceptable.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Controller
Location: San Diego, CA
Power Digital Marketing, founded in 2012, is a San Diego, CA revenue enhancement and tech-enabled digital marketing platform that provides mission-critical and data-driven sales, marketing, and customer success services to help customers grow. Often acting as an outsourced “Chief Marketing Officer” for its clients, the Company leverages a comprehensive suite of cross-channel tools, including content marketing, paid media, web development and conversion, social, conversion rate optimization, SEM and SEO, to enhance revenue performance of well-known local, national and global brands. Powered by a unique internal lead generation, qualification and conversion model, supported by the Company’s proprietary Black Box Audit process, PDM is able to source, prospect and convert leads through multiple channels, including strategic partnerships, outside sales, inbound lead generation and customer referrals.