About the Role
Power Digital, one of San Diego’s top Digital Marketing Agencies is growing our innovative technology team! We are located in Old Town, San Diego and are looking for an experienced Data Engineer who is an expert in data aggregation, organization, and ETL pipelines.
In 2020 Power Digital launched nova, our proprietary platform for digital marketing auditing, forecasting, planning, and reporting. The nova platform integrates data from hundreds of clients and dozens of data sources. Using this data, it can analyze and make predictions for over 50 marketing strategies in 13 marketing channels to provide insights and tools for our customers.
A key responsibility for this Data Engineer will be to develop and maintain connections and data pipelines from 3rd party APIs in order to improve our data quality and volume used to generate insights, recommendations, and reports. This position will play a central role in our long term data strategy and architecture as we expand our data warehouse, leveraging AI and machine learning to improve the accuracy of our prediction and planning tools.
As a part of our technology team, this role will contribute to our nova software by developing and maintaining new and existing software features, conducting code reviews, and deploying new releases. This includes participating in agile development processes like sprint planning, standups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint boards, backlogs, and ticket management. This engineer will work with team members to continue to grow the department capabilities and support our clients.
- Develop and maintain integrations with 3rd party API data sources
- Develop and improve ETL pipelines
- Lead architecture planning and data design
- Lead data stewardship
- Develop and maintain new APIs for data access
- Support and maintain existing APIs for data access
- Optimize code for scale and performance
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and testing
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle
- Support other engineering team members
- Ads, Facebook Marketing, Hubspot, Salesforce, Shopify, Bing Ads, and Criteo
- Experience with API development
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Laravel or other MVC frameworks
- Perform code reviews
- Troubleshoot and resolve errors
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering) OR equivalent experience
- 2+ years building and maintaining large scale data-centric API systems
- 4+ years object-oriented programming experience with more than one major language including Java, .NET, PHP, Python, Go, and Node
- Understanding of architecting, maintaining and developing cloud technologies (especially AWS)
- Experience with Amazon Redshift
- Experience connecting to marketing industry APIs including Google Analytics, Google sts, writers, developers and engineers all passionate about driving results for our awesome clients.
We are passionate about digital marketing and web solutions and are looking for some great technical talent to join our team! We would love to talk to you if you think you could help our team.
For direct submission, email VP Product & Engineering, Chris Fitkin at firstname.lastname@example.org.